MGC Air Quality Monitor
MGC Air Quality Monitor is designed to help identify the level of contaminates, particles and pollution in the air, both in the home & outside. The monitor measures particles in the atmosphere which consist of mould spores, fungi spores, pollen, dust, ash, soot, diesel exhaust, organic matter & chemicals suspended in the air
Particle pollution, also called particulate matter or PM, consists of solid and liquid particles made up of mould/fungi spores, ash, metals, soot, organic matter, pollen, diesel exhaust and chemicals suspended in the air. Particles are divided into two major groups based on size.
These tiny spores and particles are the most damaging to health. The smaller the particle the longer it can be suspended in the air and the further they can invade the body.
- Particles below each level of PM10, PM2.5 and PM1 are increasingly detrimental to health.
- Particles below PM10 affect the upper respiratory tract
- Particles below PM2.5 are drawn deeper in to the body and lungs.
- Particles below PM1 can even enter the organs and blood stream.
- Mould/fungi spores normally range from 3 – 100 microns in size. But some can be as small as 1 micron.
- Mould spores and other particulates that are smaller than 10 microns (pm10) are not usually visible to the naked eye.
- Children and the elderly are particularly vulnerable to particulate matter.
- The IARC and WHO designate airborne particulates a Group 1 carcinogen.
- Every year in the UK, it is estimated that the equivalent of 40,000 early deaths can be linked to breathing in polluted air.
MGC Air Quality Monitor IDENTIFIES
- The level and below of PM10 particles in a cubic metre of air.
- The Level and below of PM2.5 particles in a cubic metre of air.
- The level of PM1 particles in a cubic metre of air.
- The level of hazard by on screen colour band, text wording and emoji.
- A green band, text and emoji indicates low levels of particles in the air.
- A orange band, text and emoji indicates a moderate level of particles in the air.
- A red band, warning text, and emoji indicates a high/very high level of particles in the air.
- A hazard with an audible warning tone when the set levels are exceeded.
- Either overall or real time readings.
- That an appropriate risk assessment and PPE will be required.
- The levels of both HCHO (Formaldehyde) and TVOC (Total Volatile Organic Compounds.
Children and the elderly are particularly vulnerable to particulate matter as it can affect the development of the lungs in very young children and the respiratory system is more at risk in the elderly.
Particular matter irritates your nose and throat and may be associated with more severe symptoms in people with asthma. It results in more people with lung conditions (asthma, bronchitis) and heart conditions (heart attacks, strokes) being admitted to hospital. It also causes early deaths from lung and heart disease.
The MGC Air Quality Monitor offers
- Early indication of poor air quality allows for remedial action and can help to prevent serious health problems.
- Easy to use.
- Hand Held.
- Real time monitoring.
- Read outs in seconds.
- Measures the overall level of particles including dust, dirt, mould, pollen, nitrates, bacteria etc.
For further information, prices and delivery please contact the sale office on 01372 743334
Or for more information about our Air Quality Monitor, download our brochure PDF here.