We’re open 9:00am - 5:00pm Mon-Fri
ROOFCOAT FR10 is a one part moisture curing polymeric waterproofing compound which is elastomeric and has exceptional adhesion to virtually any roofing material. It has been specifically developed to provide instant waterproofing for leaking roofs, is an all-weather product and can be applied even in the wet.
ROOFCOAT FR10 can be used to repair specific areas which are leaking or totally waterproof an entire roof. Large cracks, holes, tears, blisters and splits can be easily repaired using ROOFCOAT FR10 and ROOFCOAT FR10 SCRIM. The product is multi-purpose and can be utilized on a wide variety of problem areas.
The ROOFCOAT FR10 SYSTEM is easy to use, does not require special primers and gives long term protection of 10 years or more.
• 10 year life
• Wet weather application
• Single coat waterproofing
• Fibre reinforced compound
• Flexible when dry
• Outstanding adhesion
• Can be used on a multitude of roofing surfaces
• Economical in use.
AREAS OF USE
1. FLAT ROOFS – can be used as a patch repair or to waterproof the whole roof area. Choice of colour, including solar reflective white. Cracks, tears and blisters can be repaired utilising ROOFCOAT FR10 SCRIM and ROOFCOAT FR10 FILLER.
2. ASBESTOS ROOFS – will rejuvenate corrugated sheets, waterproofing and encapsulating the asbestos. In conjunction with ROOFCOAT FR10 SCRIM, ROOFCOAT FR10 can be used to mend split sheets.
3. PORCHES – porous leaking areas can be waterproofed easily with one coat of ROOFCOAT FR10.
4. FINLOCK GUTTERS – clean out any debris and organic matter. Gaps should be filled first with ROOFCOAT FR10 FILLER. Apply a coat of ROOFCOAT FR10 in a 6” band at the junction of the blocks and embed ROOFCOAT FR10 SCRIM. When dry apply ROOFCOAT FR10 over the full length of gutter.
5. VALLEY/CAST IRON GUTTERS – ROOFCOAT FR10 can be used to waterproof gutters and repair leaking joints.
6. PLASTIC RAINWATER GOODS – ROOFCOAT FR10 can be used to repair splits, cracks and leaking joints.
7. FIBRE CEMENT GUTTERS – use LICHENITE to kill any algae, moss and lichen. Remove all silt, dirt and debris. Apply one coat of ROOFCOAT FR10 to waterproof gutter. Repaid joints as (4) above.
8. FLASHINGS – leaking defective areas can be repaired with ROOFCOAT FR10.
9. BAY WINDOW TOPS – a very common area for leaks, which can be easily and economically rectified with one coat of ROOFCOAT FR10 in desired colour.
10. CORRUGATES TIN ROOFS – can be used to repair old and suspect sheets. Spot prime areas of rust with proprietary inhibitor followed by one full coat of ROOFCOAT FR10.
ROOFCOAT FR10 APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Remove all organic matter, loose and peeling coatings and roof aggregates (chippings etc). Drains and gutters should be protected against blockage.
2. Clean the surface of any remaining dirt and debris, preferably by suitable high pressure water jetting or stiff bristle bass brush.
3. Surfaces previously contaminated with moss, lichen and algae growth must be treated with LICHENITE. Apply one coat by brush or spray at a coverage not exceeding 102m per litre. Allow 24 hours before proceeding.
4. Splits, cracks and blisters should be repaired with ROOFCOAT FR10 SCRIM. Apply one coat of ROOFCOAT FR10 to the area to be repaired, cut scrim to the desired length, embed in the wet ROOFCOAT FR10 and apply a second coat. Blisters in felt should be star cut. ROOFCOAT FR10 applied under the flaps and the flaps rebedded. Strengthen the repair with ROOFCOAT FR10 and apply a further coat of ROOFCOAT FR10 and ROOCOAT FR10 SCRIM over the repair.
5. ROOFCOAT FR10 and ROOFCOAT FR10 SCRIM should be used to bridge and fill large gaps and cracks. Silicone substrates should not be treated with ROOFCOAT FR10.
6. To the prepared surface apply a generous coat of ROOFCOAT FR10 in selected colour by ROOFCOAT FR10 SPREADER, brush, soft broom or trowel. DO NOT THIN. Work away from area immediately being treated and towards a suitable escape exit. Do not walk on the newly coated surface whilst application is in progress or until the coating has cured and dried. Curing time 2-3 days.
7. Cleaning – brushes, trowels and spreaders should be cleaned immediately after use in white spirit.
INDEPENDENT WEATHEROMETER TEST
Material: ROOFCOAT FR10
Property: Ageing and Heat Resistance
Test Method: QUV Weatheromter
Test Specimen: One coat brush applied to mineral board, dried at room temperature
Test Programme: Exposure cycles
4 hours UVB @ 65ºC
4 hours condensation 50ºC
Results: 3,000 hours = surface is matt due to chalking which cleans off to leave a good sheen. Coating is integral and providing the substrate with protection against moisture penetration.
12,000 hours = without failure.
Colour good, surface dull due to chalking. Signs of erosion of binder and fibres exposed. Coating still integral and intact with substrate protected against ingress of moisture.
Comments: This is an accelerated ageing test which combines many factors, such as effect of heat, ultra violet light and moisture in continuous cycles. Because specific conditions of ageing can vary greatly, this test cannot be quantitative. ROOFCOAT FR10 was tested in comparison with a competitor’s product which claimed to have a 10 year natural ageing span. Under our test conditions it crazed and cracked within the first 3,000 hours of test.
NB. 1,000 hours is equivalent to 3 years natural weathering.
Non-bituminous, one component polymeric compound with fibres incorporated for strength and special resins giving exceptional adhesion and flexibility.
Coloured, viscous compound.
ROOFCOAT FR10 can be used to repair leaking roofs. It will adhere to all conventional roofing materials and surfaces including felt, asphalt, bitumen, concrete, asbestos, corrugated tin and lead. FOOFCOAT FR10 is not affected by UV or IR rays. It is elastomeric and will cater for seasonal movement.
ROOFCOAT FR10 should be applied at a rate of not less than 1kg per square metre for flat surfaces. Allow for additional ROOFCOAT FR10 on corrugated or aggregated surfaces.
Supplied in 1kg, 2.5kg, 5kg tins and 20kg drums.
Colours; Black, Grey.
Application and Storage
ROOFCOAT FR10 can be applied by brush, soft broom, trowel or the specially designed ROOFCOAT FR10 SPREADERS. It should not be applied in conditions where the ambient temperature is 15ºC and dropping. Protect from frost and store in a dry location out of direct sunlight. Shelf life 6-9 months in unopened containers.
ROOFCOAT FR10 SCRIM – 10m x 12.5cm (5”)
Health & Safety
Flammable. Flash point 42ºC. Do not breathe vapour. Avoid contact with skin. In the event of eye contact or ingestion seek medical advice.
If you require help or assistance with your order including for special colours in Biocheck Matt or Silk Emulsions and Biocheck Allweather please contact our sales office which is open Monday to Friday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Telephone: 01372 743334
Fax: 01372 720856
Mould Growth Consultants Limited
Longmead Business Centre
We will aim to process your order for despatch to you between 1-5 working days of confirming acceptance of your order. Consequently, even if you cancel your order shortly after placing it, it is possible that we may be unable to prevent goods you have ordered being despatched to you and you may then need to return them to us at your cost.
When you order your Goods, we will wherever possible, give you an indication of the day of delivery, normally 2-5 working days after confirming acceptance of your order.
Deliveries will be made by post/a carrier instructed by us to the address stipulated in your order. You must ensure that someone is present to accept delivery.
While a delivery date will be prearranged with you, please remember that it is generally not possible to contact the delivery driver once he has left the depot. As a signature is required on delivery, if you will not be at home to take the delivery, a signed note instructing the driver where to leave the goods is acceptable. Otherwise a re-delivery charge will be incurred.
Cancellation of Order
If you bought the Goods as a Consumer, you may cancel your order at any time before we despatch your order or before the expiry of 7 working days from the date you receive your order, not including the day you received it.
As required by the Distance Selling Regulations, details of our after-sales service and guarantees, if any, are given on our website.
If you cancel before we have sent the Goods, we will refund to you the price of the Goods and the cost of delivery, if any.
Our most important task is to ensure your absolute satisfaction. We will always strive to reach that target. However, we acknowledge that mistakes are made occasionally. This paragraph covers that possibility. If you are not wholly satisfied with the product, please tell us at the earliest opportunity:
To do this, it is essential that you follow the instructions below. These provisions apply in the event that you return Goods to us because you say they are faulty:
You must tell us by email message to (email@example.com) or by letter to our land address at the top of this page you that you would like to return Goods, specifying exactly what Goods and when purchased, giving full details of the defect or other reason for return. We will then issue a returns note. If you send Goods to us without a returns note, we may not be able to identify sufficient details to enable us to attend to your complaint.
The Goods must be returned to us as soon as any defect is discovered.
So far as possible, Goods should be returned: