Non-Bituminous Elastomeric Roofing Compound
10 YEAR LIFE
INSTANT REPAIR FOR LEAKS
CAN BE APPLIED IN WET CONDITIONS
USE ON ANY ROOFING SURFACE
….Is a one part moisture curing polymeric waterproofing compound which is elastomeric and has exceptional adhesion to virtually any roofing material. It has been specifically developed to provide instant waterproofing for leaking roofs, is an all-weather product and can be applied even in the wet. ROOFCOAT FR10 can be used to repair specific areas which are leaking or totally waterproof an entire roof. Large cracks, holes, tears, blisters and splits can be easily repaired using ROOFCOAT FR10 FILLER and ROOFCOAT FR10 SCRIM. The product is multi-purpose and can be utilised on a wide variety of problem areas.
The ROOFCOAT FR10 SYSTEM is easy to use, does not require special primers and gives long term protection of 10 years or more.
AREAS OF USE
- FLAT ROOFS – can be used as a patch repair or to waterproof the whole roof area. Choice of colour, including solar reflective white. Cracks, tears and blisters can be repaired utilising ROOFCOAT FR10 SCRIM and ROOFCOAT FR10 FILLER.
- ASBESTOS ROOFS – will rejuvenate corrugated sheets, waterproofing and encapsulating the asbestos. In conjunction with ROOFCOAT FR10 SCRIM, ROOFCOAT FR10 can be used to mend split sheets.
- PORCHES – porous leaking areas can be waterproofed easily with one coat of ROOFCOAT FR10.
- FINLOCK GUTTERS – clean out any debris and organic matter. Gaps should be filled first with ROOFCOAT FR10 FILLER. Apply a coat of ROOFCOAT FR10 in a 6″ band at the junction of the blocks and embed ROOFCOAT FR10 SCRIM. When dry apply ROOFCOAT FR10 over the full length of gutter.
- VALLEY/CAST IRON GUTTERS – ROOFCOAT FR10 can be used to waterproof gutters and repair leaking joints. Downpipe junctions can be re-sealed with ROOFCOAT FR10 FILLER.
- PLASTIC RAINWATER GOODS – ROOFCOAT FR10 can be used to repair splits, cracks and leaking joints
- FIBRE CEMENT GUTTERS – use LICHENITE to kill any algae, moss and lichen. Remove all silt, dirt and debris. Apply one coat of ROOFCOAT FR10 to waterproof gutter. Repair joints as (4) above.
- FLASHINGS – leaking defective areas can be repaired with ROOFCOAT FR10 FlLLER followed by ROOFCOAT FR10.
- BAY WINDOW TOPS – a very common area for leaks, which can be easily and economically rectified with one coat of ROOFCOAT FR10 in desired colour.
- CORRUGATED TIN ROOFS – can be used to repair old and suspect sheets. Spot prime areas of rust with proprietary inhibitor followed by one full coat of ROOFCOAT FR10.
10 YEAR LIFE
WET WEATHER APPLICATION
SINGLE COAT WATERPROOFING
FIBRE REINFORCED COMPOUND
AVAILABLE IN 6 COLOURS – BLACK, GREY, GREEN, TERRACOTTA, WHITE AND SOLAR REFLECTIVE ALUMINIUM
ELASTOMERIC WHEN DRY
CAN BE USED ON A MULTITUDE OF ROOFING SURFACES
SPECIAL FILLER AND SCRIM FOR REPAIR WORK
INDEPENDENT WEATHEROMETER TEST
MATERIAL: ROOFCOAT FR10
PROPERTY: Ageing and Heat Resistance
TEST METHOD: QUV Weatherometer
TEST SPECIMEN: One coat brush applied to mineral board, dried at room temperature.
TEST PROGRAMME: Exposure cycles 4 hours UVB @ 65 Degrees Centigrade 4 hours condensation @ 50 Degrees Centigrade
RESULTS: 3,000 hours = surface is matt due to chalking which cleans off to leave a good sheen. Coating is integral and providing the substrate with protection against moisture penetration. 12,000 hours = without failure. Colour good, surface dull due to chalking. Signs of erosion of binder and fibres exposed. Coating still integral and intact with substrate protected against ingress of moisture.
COMMENTS: This is an accelerated ageing test which combines many factors, such as effect of heat, ultra violet light and moisture in continuous cycles. Because specific conditions of ageing can vary greatly, this test cannot be quantitative. ROOFCOAT FR10 was tested in comparison with a competitor’s product which claimed to have a 10 year natural ageing span. Under our test conditions it crazed and cracked within the first 3,000 hours of test. NB. 1000 hrs. is equivalent to 3 yrs. natural weathering.
Pack sizes: 5 kg and 20 kg