STOPS WATER PENETRATION
10 YEAR LIFE
REDUCES HEAT LOSS
PROTECTS AGAINST MOSS, LICHEN AND ALGAE GROWTHS
Over the years most building materials deteriorate and become porous. The extent of deterioration is dependent of geographical location, exposure to the elements and quality of construction. Eventually, however, water penetration can become a major problem leading to many other secondary problems:-
- Frost attack, spalling of brickwork, render and tiles.
- Deterioration of mortar joints.
- Blown plaster and black mould growth internally.
- Moss, lichen and algae growths.
- Heat loss and increased fuel costs.
- Carbonation attack and spalling concrete.
- Cavity fill saturation and bridging.
ONE APPLICATION OF HALOSEAL PREVENTS ALL THESE PROBLEMS.
HALOSEAL is a non-silicone waterproofer, based on metabolic stearates and, unlike traditional waterproofers, penetrates deep into the fabric and becomes an integral part of the substrate. As a result of the depth of penetration, HALOSEAL has a reciprocal effect, reducing the ‘u’ value of the wall. HALOSEAL is, therefore, extremely beneficial in keeping the wall and substrate dry, which helps to reduce excessive heat loss that occurs through damp walls.
A high proportion of moisture ingress penetrates through hairline cracks at the brick/mortar interface. HALOSEAL has the ability to penetrate these cracks, displace the water, thus providing complete waterproofing with no weak points. The use of HALOSEAL to waterproof the substrate will help to protect against the growth of mosses, lichen and algae.
HALOSEAL is microporous and will allow the structure to breathe. Therefore, any residual moisture trapped within the structure will come out in the form of water vapour.
- Will withstand torrential rain, gale force winds and protect against corrosive atmospheric attack.
- Reduces heat loss, keeps cavity dry and saves on fuel costs.
- Prevents damaging growths of moss, lichen and algae.
- Allows structure to breathe and does not discolour the surface.
- Specified and used successfully by Local Authorities and Housing Associations throughout the UK for over 30 years.
- Protection against carbonation attack.
- Reduces damage caused by acid rain.
- Has an exceptionally large covering capacity and can even be applied to surfaces containing some residual moisture.
- Will penetrate and coat hair line cracks.
- Effective everywhere:- old property – new property – bricks – tiles – concrete – render – stonework.
- Simple to apply. One coat application sufficient.
- Treated surfaces stay cleaner longer.
- Can last up to 10 years – often longer